A Canadian term for a sofa or couch. Used somewhat in Northern California; obsolete in Britain (where it originated). Sometimes (as in classic furnishing terminology) refers to a sofa whose arms are the same height as the back, but more usually to any couch or sofa.

Would you like to view another Canadianism? Try one of these...

Caesar * Deke * Hali * Joe Louis * Randy *